Control Panel is used to personalize the computer as user wish to keep. The
system can be personalize by making interesting and useful changing to Windows
settings. These settings could be any one in the following:-
- Change Date and Time of Computer
- Changing Numbers, Currency, Time and Date settings
- Change Printer settings
- Setting single click property instead of Double Click
- Changing Background of Desktop
- Installing/Removing fonts in the windows for use of another applications
running over Windows
- Configure Screen Savers for protection of Screen
- Adding/Removing Users from Windows and personalizing their own settings.
- Change settings for Network service.
- Configure Multimedia devices, and many more.
Control Panel can be obtained by selecting Control Panel option from
Start->Settings either clicking on My Computer icon present in
desktop and then clicking on Control Panel option.
|Date & Time Option are used to update the system date and
time. These are the steps required to update date and time:-
- Double click on the Date/Time option from Control Panel
or Double Click on the clock on the right most corner of the Taskbar
- Click on the current date on the calendar appeared
- Choose correct Month & Year from the Month & Year field respectively.
- To change the time use up or down arrow , either click on the time
field and directly type the current time.
- To select correct time zone click on the arrow and select correct time
- Click on Apply Button and then click on Ok Button.
Wallpaper /Background Setting
||We can place pictures or any active objects like web pages
in the background of desktop we click on Display option from
Control Panel option, or right click on the desktop and select
Properties from appeared menu. Then follow following steps:-
- Select any web page or Picture from appeared list. If want to include
any other picture which is not in the list then click on Browse..
button and select the picture or image.
- If want to cover all the background with a small image then select
Tile from display menu.
- If want to place picture at the centre of the desktop then select
Center option from the Display menu.
- Click Apply button , and then press Ok button to set the
image or picture as Background.
Screen Saver Setting
|Screen Savers are mainly used for the protection of screen.
The screen savers may be either moving images or it may be images
which keep on changing with a short time interval. There is a time specified
for the screen saver during which if there is not any interruption through
the user then it automatically starts. Screen saver can be set up by
- Double Click on Display icon from Control Panel or right
click on the desktop and select Properties form appeared menu.
- Click on Screen Saver tab.
- Select the screen saver by dropping the drop-down menu for Screen
- Specify the time from Wait, so that if there will be not any
response from user during this time interval the screen saver will start
- Click Settings.. button to set other options for related
- Click Apply button and then select OK button.
||Fonts are the type face of any character .It provides the
facility to format the text with different font i.e. type face, different
styles like Bold, Italic, Underline and having different font size. All the
fonts are once installed in the windows so that any application running
under windows can use it. We can add new fonts. To install new fonts
follow these steps:-
- Double Click in Fonts icon from Control Panel.
- In the appeared folder click File->Install New Fonts...
- Specify the Drive and Folders that contain the fonts you
want to add.
- Select Select All button to select the fonts to install.
- Select OK button to install the fonts.
|The printers option is the shortcut for the printer folder
which we have already discussed in the My Computer. After double clicking on
this option we get the printer folder. Here we can change the various
settings of printer like to install new printer, remove any printer or to
set any printer as default. To install new printer follow these steps:-
- Double click on the Printers icon to open the printers folder.
- Double click on the Add New Printer icon to install new
- In the appeared dialog box press Next button.
- Then computer will show a list of printers of different manufacturers.
Select one, of which the printer you have. If the name of printer is not
in the list then click on Have Disk button. and specify the
path for printer driver.
- Press Next button
- Select the port for printer. Click Next button.
- Select Yes to set the new printer as default printer. Click
- Click Finish button.
Then a icon for the new printer will add to the printer folder. Which
could be further used for other settings of printer.
Previous | Contents
rcpp project office
Rashtriya Computer Prakshikshan Pariyojna