Windows 98 is an operating system. An operating system is the program that
interface between a user and hardware. It is a graphical user interface (GUI)
based operating system. Which makes our operation interactive and easy to use.
Windows 98 is an improved version of Windows 95. Main feature in windows 98
is its 'Desktop'. When computer is started it appears on the screen. This
feature was also given in windows 95. Each file folder and document are
represented by an icon on the desktop.
Main features of Windows 98 are as given below:-
- We can use My Computer to quickly and easily access any file and
folder present in computer. We can open it by simply double clicking on this
icon present at top left corner of the Desktop.
- We can set the mouse to be single click for open any program instead of
- When we start windows, the large area we see is called the Desktop. We can
customize the desktop by adding shortcuts to our favorites programs and
documents. To change the settings of the Desktop like color and background,
right click the mouse button anywhere in the desktop, and then select
- At the bottom left of the screen there is a taskbar which contains a Start
button. Which could be used for start quickly any program. When we open
a Program, Document or Window a button appears on the taskbar. We can use
these buttons to easily switch between the windows we have opened.
- For easy maintenance of our PC windows 98 introduces a Windows Maintenance
Wizard, which helps us to delete unnecessary files and make sure our
hard-disk is properly functioning.
- The Backup utility provided in Windows 98 makes easier and faster
to backing up out data.
- The Active Desktop feature allow the feature to put active contents
from Web pages on our desktop. We can make our favorite newspaper to our
Previous | Contents
rcpp project office
Rashtriya Computer Prakshikshan Pariyojna